Alamo Area Repeater Organization created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Alamo Area Repeater Organization web site (aka AA5RO.ORG).
Information Collected by AA5RO.ORG
Use of Information Collected by AA5RO.ORG
AA5RO.org will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or it is required by law.
AA5RO.org uses users’ IP addresses to gather broad demographic information about our visitors in general. This information does not contain anything that can identify individual users personally. We may combine demographic information supplied by a subscriber at registration with site usage data to provide profiles, in aggregate form, about our users and their preferences in the content of the site and advertising. AA5RO.org does not give advertisers information about individual visitors to AA5RO.org
Public Forums / Classifieds
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- The opinions expressed on these discussion boards are the views of the poster and do not, necessarily, reflect the views of AA5RO.org or its Staff.
- By posting your original content on our publicly accessible discussion boards, you grant AA5RO.org license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display discussion board posts. This agreement applies to both electronic (including newsletter, email, and Blog) and offline (brochure, magazine, book) promotion of our discussion boards.
- You can read or post on any of the Discussion Boards made available on AA5RO.org. Of course you may print the posts or email them to someone you think may be interested in the subject. But don’t post information known to be false or liabilous.
- AA5RO.org cannot be held responsible for visitors who violate any of our policies. We can however take action to ban any violators as they are made known to us via email or directly on the discussion boards
- We log your IP address, and reserve the right to ban a user that abuses our discussion board for any reason.
- Users may provide links to external sites. We are not responsible if these links change, or for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
- Please note, all information disclosed here becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Please don’t try to break, crack or hack this web site.
- These discussion boards are run by software, and administered by humans. Both are susceptible to flaws. AA5RO.org cannot be held responsible to damages caused by administrative errors or software problems due to bugs or hacking.
- AA5RO.org assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in this section or on this disclaimer page.
- AA5RO.org cannot be held liable for any damages you suffer because of posts made by or about you. This includes “direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages” arising out of your access to, or use of, these discussion boards.
- Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the AA5RO.org discussion boards is provided to you: “AS IS”, “WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.”
- AA5RO.org, its principals, staff and/or associates, are not responsible for posters who downloaded/ copied/ printed a page or pages and it/they damage you, your computer, or infects your system with any viruses, or offends your sensibilities in any manner.
- AA5RO.org and the discussion board moderators, reserve the right to delete any post, for any reason without notice.
Our site uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of all information, regardless of whether it identifies you or not. Our security includes use of firewalls, secure socket layers, and encryption.
No system is immune to hacking or breach.
AA5RO.org will make every attempt to protect the security of the personnel information we retain. However, breach to our security or our outsourced partners is always a possibility, not, matter how remote. AA5RO.org cannot be held responsible for damages or lost data caused as a result.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact
The Alamo Area Radio Organization
PO Box 380032
San Antonio, Texas 78268